Snap Seed Photoshoot

Due to the recent spread of Corona Virus Newark Academy has moved to online learning which forces the art classes to think abstractly and find new ways to complete projects. This project we downloaded a photo-taking app on our phone called "SnapSeed". This app allowed us to not only take photos but edit them as well. Snap Seed gave a surprisingly similar experience as to if we were in class. Below are the two photos I took while trying to focus on a specific ordinary object in my home. I tried to use a variety of backgrounds and get below or to the level of the object when shooting.
This photo I took of an empty Activia bottle that I drank to emphasize how we are all trying to stay safe and healthy during this pandemic. Activia is a yogurt drink-making company which is known for its healthy amount of probiotics and antioxidants in their drinks and yogurts. I also left part of the silver caping on to show that it was consumed. I placed the bottle on neutral-colored rocks to bring out the vibrant green color of the bottle and blue of the blueberries. I got down to the bottle's level to show the brand and allow for a closer and more personal look on the object. I put the high tones on 30, Mid-tones on 50, and low tones on 30 to get a nice contrast and to put the main focus on the bottle. I put the brightness on 36 to lighten the photo and further express the feeling of warmth and spring. Finally, I put the filter of smooth on the photo to ensure that the photo didn't look saturated or overly edited.

This photo was taken of a shovel in my garage and my tennis hat. I tried to contrast two photos as the Activia bottle expresses hopefulness and optimism whereas this photo expresses impatience and giving up. As the hat is left on the shovel to signify that the shoveler has given up and left. The shovel is left in the ground expressing frustration. I took this photo from under the shovel to ensure the entire background and the shovel could be seen in the photo. The color contrast from the sky, to the trees, to the shovel, creates a nice path for the eye, telling a story through the different levels of contrast. When editing the photo I used the filter pop to accent the sky and the wilderness behind the shovel. I also used the editing tool glamor glow to 27 making the photo pop in the grass but dull the background. I used the tool curves to darken the picture and make a subtle contrast between the left side and right side of the sky. Finally, I used vintage 5 and raised the brightness to 35. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYC Dancers in Motion

Westin Food Shoot

One Day Assignment